- Low latency
- Examples: RTD (ms)
- Marine routes designed along proven routes with low fault history
- True coherent cable
- QPSK, 100Gbps
- Upgradability agnostic to vendors
- Future proof upgradability
- Longest DLS < 6000km
- Able to adopt newer transponder technology faster
- The core system includes fully protected terrestrial extensions to major carrier-neutral PoPs. The list of the PoPs which are connected to SEA-ME-WE 5 without additional costs includes:
Marseille: Interxion (formerly Net Center) and/or Jaguar
Palermo: new open carrier Sicily Hub PoP
Singapore: Equinix, Global Switch
- SEA-ME-WE 5 will also secure outstanding cross connection possibilities with other submarine cables in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, Singapore, and Sri Lanka.
- Marmaris CLS in Turkey will also be available for members to increase the options for terminating capacities in Europe.
- Established by industry leading operators with extensive experience in submarine cable projects.
- Financially stable – fully secured financing.
- Strong commitment by all participating parties.
- Leading-edge technical know-how of its consortium members.
- Solid design and well-founded project plan which has been followed without any deviation to date.
- Open system with free access to carrier neutral, international PoPs belonging to the core of SEA-ME-WE 5.
- Consortium’s proven track record of delivering results from successful completion of previous SEA-ME-WE projects.
- The spans of the system are optimized for future upgrades.